I Shot a Roll of Kodak Portra 400 by Angela Blumen
A small glimpse into the female creative field of Copenhagen.
I chose to shoot with Kodak Portra 400 as it works well for portraits and under difficult lighting conditions. Since the photos were taken at very different places and during darker times of the day, without any help of extra light, the film captured the portraits seamlessly.
I like that Kodak Portra 400 always has a softer tone when shot inside, with more yellows, and when shot in daylight it is colder, although still with a pleasant tone to it. In portraits, the skin usually has a very natural tone, and only under very difficult light circumstances needs some editing. Not forget to mention, the scans (and service!) Nation Photo in Paris has provided me with were fantastic.
My camera of choice, is a Nikon that I inherited mounted with a Nikon 50mm/1.4 lens on it, and this is what I usually shoot with because I often work under difficult light conditions
As for the project, I decided to reach out both to people I know and to put out an ad to photograph girls in different creative fields. You can get a little glimpse of creative females that work in fashion, illustration, dance, jewellery design, art direction, publishing, graphic design, architecture and much more. I tried to be as broad as possible. Within a month I managed to photograph 13 girls, and here are the results. Please don’t hesitate to check out their work!
The girls in sequence of appearance:
- 1. Alice Chan (Architect) @chan.maomei.alice
- 2. Rosa Winther Denison (Fashion Designer) @rwdstudio & @rosawintherdenison
- 3. Camilla Zuleger (Publisher at Nord Verlag and Writer) @nordverlag & @czuleger
- 4. Natalie Kocsis (Art Director) @natakocs
- 5. & 6. Ewa Mos (Illustrator and Photographer) @ewamos
- 7. Moa Garpendal (Art Director) @moagarpendal
- 8. Pauline Algeröd (Architect) @paulinealgerod
- 9. Camilla Zuleger
- 10. Lola Marella (Graphic Designer) @lolamarella_illustration
- 11. Nina Worren (Visual Artist, Curator and Founder of NW Gallery) @nw_gallery_cph
- 12. Line Sigrid Rossau (Jewellery Designer) @rwdstudio & @linerossaujewellery
- 13. & 14. Nam Le (Fashion Designer) @namlestudio
- 15. Anastasija Olescuka (Dancer and Choreographer) @anastasija.olez